The life sciences encompass a number of extraordinarily advanced and diversified fields that cater to highly specific markets. Touching on the areas of medicine, law and business (sometimes all at once) communications in this sector present critical challenges. With long-standing expertise in this complex domain, Versacom offers significant capacity along with confidentiality and security standards that meet the rigorous requirements of governments, regulatory bodies and corporations.
With more than 20 years’ experience in the key fields and sub-fields of the life sciences, Versacom has become well acquainted with their respective standards, regulations, concepts and terminology. Communicating this complexity to diverse audiences is our forte. Each client organization is assigned a dedicated team of specialized language professionals, some with degrees in science in addition to translation. Many Versacom experts are former employees or partners of medical or pharmaceutical organizations. Our teams have an intimate knowledge of the challenges, protocols, products, services, equipment, strategies and policies specific to the industry.
- Animal health
- Men’s health
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Public health
- Women’s health
Biology and ecology
- Marine biology
- Biological drugs
- Clinical research
- Legal considerations
HAVE PRESSING TRANSLATION NEEDS IN LIFE SCIENCES?
ACHIEVEMENTS FEW LANGUAGE PROVIDERS CAN MATCH
Versacom has completed tens of thousands of assignments in the life sciences sector for Canadian private and public organizations. We keep abreast of industry changes through our professional development program and by working closely with our clients’ medical and legal departments as well as with regulatory bodies. No project or challenge is too big or too complex for us to take on.
Translating for the life sciences industry comes with its own set of challenges
- Standardized translation and revision protocols
- Complex and evolving terminology
- Complexity and variety in specialized fields
- Nuance and variety in language levels
- Translated content leveraging
- Wording and terminology standardization requirements
- Consistent brand management
- Certified translations
- Close, ongoing teamwork with client organizations’ translation units
- Fluctuations in demand
- Project planning and deadlines
- Unexpected and emergency demands
- Crises within client organizations
- Input and feedback from multiple sources
- Multiple versions and updates
- Complex validation and approval cycles
- New trends and developments
- Multiplicity of products and services
- Clinical study specificities
- Frequency of mergers/acquisitions
- Diversity of target audiences
- Critical time-to-market cycles
- Public policy issues
- Industry standards: variety, complexity, specificity and evolution
- Stringent compliance processes
- Ongoing training and development requirements for industry experts
Capacity and availability
The capacity and availability to ensure you receive the full translation support you need for your major strategic projects and during peak periods.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE INNER WORKINGS
An intimate grasp of the life sciences sector’s inner workings: tight deadlines, the multitude of internal and external stakeholders, and more. There is no margin for error, and our team knows how to play its role.
Professional and optimized management of all your original and translated content, with a view to maximizing:
- Information and terminology consistency
- Translated content leveraging
- Efficiencies and savings
- Security and confidentiality
When it comes to information security and confidentiality, Versacom has zero tolerance for failure. We are the chosen partner of the largest banks and government agencies, known for their stringent standards. Our comprehensive infrastructures, policies and processes ensure that we can meet any requirement. Our premises are subject to regular inspection by recognized third-party organizations. We also provide the guarantees required by each client along with evidence of our compliance.